Our church supports several organizations and missionaries on the mission field. We believe that this is part of how we participate in the Great Commission.
Mission and Ministry Reports:
Harvest Reformed Presbyterian Church, Gillette
Pastor Caleb Nelson
From their website: “We are a Bible-preaching and teaching church committed to the historic Reformed faith and the sufficiency of Scripture. The church exists for worship and witness, and it does both these things by making use of the ordinary means of grace that Christ has given to feed His sheep. Word and sacrament, feeding people with knowledge and understanding, what man is to believe concerning God and what duty God requires of man: this is what Harvest Reformed Presbyterian Church is all about.”
Many members of Northwoods know that God has been very gracious to us over the years, and enabled our church to do a small part in encouraging and assisting mission works throughout the Presbytery. While a number of these small works have closed their doors, we are overjoyed to report that God has richly blessed the work in Gillette in numerous ways. The mission began a number of years ago, and Pastor Norgauer has been privileged to preach in Gillette on a number of occasions and has come to know the congregation very well. After the departure of the previous pastor, the Lord called Pastor Caleb Nelson to Gillette in early 2016. Pastor Nelson was ordained a minister of Word and Sacrament by the Rocky Mountain Presbytery of the PCA, and then installed as pastor of Harvest Reformed Presbyterian, Gillette. As the Lord graciously blessed the church with sufficient members as well as two fine ruling elders (including Clint Beaver), Harvest was organized as a particular church in the Fall of 2016. Pastor Norgauer was privileged to serve as chairman of the installation commission as well as the church organization commission, both in 2016, and our ruling elders Brian Church and Tim Anderson each ably served on these commissions on behalf of the Presbytery. Pastor Caleb hails from Northern Colorado (Windsor area) and is blessed to have been raised by a large family of Reformed believers who together rejoice in the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. Caleb married Alexa in 2015 and in 2016 they welcomed their first children-twins! Caleb brings to the church a great love for the Lord, a deep commitment to the authority of the Word of God and the Reformed Confessions, a passion for biblical preaching, and a seriousness about gospel witness. The church just recently informed our session that the Lord has provided so richly for them that they no longer need the financial support that Northwoods has long provided. We have so many reasons to give thanks!
Mel and Martha Pike
English Language Ministry in The Theological Seminary and the Evangelical Church of Ukraine.
Mel will work with the pastor of Holy Trinity Church in Kiev to plant a church that reaches the international community and English-speaking Ukrainians in the city. Mel will also serve the Evangelical Reformed Seminary of Ukraine (ERSU) as a mentor offering counsel to students and modeling a pastor’s work in their professional and family lives. Martha will serve as well, offering the students a warm home and quiet atmosphere for talk and rest.
Prayer request update:
- Praise to our Father for provision.
- Pray that we will be able to move to Kiev according to God’s timetable.
- Pray that our decisions will be God honoring – and that we will send what we truly need on to Kiev.
- Praise to our Father for the steady progress and the lessening of pain for Martha.
- Pray for complete healing and flexibility for Martha.
- Praise for real encouragement nearly every week.
- Pray for an additional ten to twenty donors and Churches to join us in a financial commitment of $50 or $100 per month that will allow us to be 100% pledged.
Dan and Becky Young
Texas/Northern Mexico border
Our missionaries, Dan and Becky Young, serve with Mission to the World/Northern Mexico Team on the border, working with the Center for Church Planting (CPI in Spanish) in Monterrey. They joined this team in 2012 after working in MTW border ministry (formerly BEAMM) in Juarez and El Paso, with San Pablo Seminary, and with PCA short-term missions teams since 1990.
In December of 2009 they moved to McAllen, Texas, and Dan became director of efforts in the eastern region of the border. Now he leads the CPI’s Inter-Border Network for Church Planting and Revitalization, ranging from Laredo, Texas/Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, to the Rio Grande Valley. He collaborates with both the National Presbyterian Church of Mexico and the PCA.
Dan helps train and mentor pastors and ministry leaders and leads the CPI border team. Becky works with him in discipleship and mentoring. Please pray with the Youngs that God will build gospel-centered churches in a multiplying movement, transforming lives and communities along the border. (mtw.org)
Newsletter is in the Narthex.
Prayer request update:
- “Greetings from Dallas! Becky and I, with many others from around the world, are attending the Global Missions Conference that starts here tomorrow. We have had a busy fall, so I am attaching an update for you all. Thank you so much for praying for us! We are especially thankful for these new arrivals to the family, Samuel Bryant Young to Lauren and Will in San Antonio on Oct.26, and Josiah Ezekiel Anderson to Rachel and Hans Nov.8 in Chattanooga! We give thanks for our children and grandchildren. Please pray for the moms for good health and recovery. And pray for Hans, as he has been deployed. Rachel and her children will be spending time with us from Thanksgiving through the end of the year. Continue to pray for the border! There are many issues in the news that often cloud our view. The gospel continues to be the answer for the US/Mexico border, even as it is for all the world.”Please pray for us:
- Thanks for our Mexico team retreat, and for the LEAD
meeting of MTW in Athens in September!
- … that we could celebrate the wedding of our niece
Rebekah in Minnesota.
- … for safe travel to Minnesota for a missions conference.
- Pray for leaders in Valle del Rey to grow, and for God to add
to their number.
- … our new Incubator training class or pastors, church
planters and leaders, meeting in Reynosa.
- … for friends and neighbors, neighbors, new contacts to be
open to the Gospel.
- … for Becky to have wisdom to communicate the gospel with
her contacts in the art community in the Valley.
- … for plans for the next several years of CPI in Mexico and
on the border; for God to raise up laborers and support.
- … for the continuing outreach of Isaiah 55 in Aquiles Serdan
in Reynosa to impact the lives of children and families.
Life Choice Pregnancy Care Center
Gloria Davies, Director
LifeChoice is a facility where both females and males can go when they need questions answered – about pregnancy and what to do next. They promise to provide safe, confidential services to those in need. Their support staff offers factual information, peer counseling, moral support and spiritual encouragement. They offer all their services free of charge.
Links to missionary organizations we support: