Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of questions that people frequently ask. We hope you will find them useful in getting to know us better.
1. What translation of the Bible do you use?
We use the New King James Version.
2. What is the size of your congregation?
We average about 80 people on most Sundays.
3. What time are your Sunday Services?
Sunday School starts at 9:15 AM and Morning Worship Service starts at 10:30 AM. See our calendar for more information.
4. What does Northwoods believe about the Trinity?
We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons as part of the Godhead – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are equal in substance and power. See the Westminster Confession of Faith for more details.
5. Do you provide a nursery?
Yes we do. We believe that children are a blessing and desire for them to worship with us. But we realize that until they are a little older, it might be difficult for them to sit through the sermon. So children remain with their parents until the sermon begins. From that point a nursery is provided.
6. Do you preach from both the Old and New Testaments?
Yes. We believe that the Word of God is found in both the Old and New Testaments. See the Westminster Confession of Faith for more details.
7. What is your style of teaching?
Sermons tend to be verse-by-verse, chapter-by-chapter through the book we are studying.
8. Does your church agree with the practice of ordaining women into the ministry?
9. What do you believe about the salvation of man?
We believe we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
10. What is you view on homosexuality?
God’s word teaches that homosexuality is a sin; and marriage, instituted by God, is between a man and woman. Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. Click here for an excellent article about the PCA’s stance on this issue.