Here are the resources for Lesson 2 – Philosophy & Ethics: Says Who?
Points to consider for discussion time:
- Why are so many people – even those who argue adamantly for the “cosmic cube” perspective – so obviously uncomfortable with life “inside the box”? How do they attempt to deal with this difficulty?
- What do we mean by universals and particulars? How are they related? What bearing do they have on our quest for answers to the “Big Questions” of life?
- Dr. Tackett asserts, “You won’t find the answers to the Big Questions inside the box.” Why not?
- What, according to Dr. R. C. Sproul, is the distinction between morality and ethics? How has confusion on this point precipitated a crisis in ethics in the modern world?
- How does the biblical worldview stand opposed to the “cosmic cube” worldview?
- Is it possible for a Christian to be deceived and “taken captive” by the empty philosophies of the world? If you have been deceived, how do you know? How?
|2 Tim 2:24-26||Col 2:8||Rom 12:2||Mark 9:2|