Here are the resources for Lesson 8 – Unio Mystica: Am I Alone?
Points to consider for discussion time
- How would you define Christianity? What definition does Dr. Tackett propose during the course of this lesson? Why does he see this definition as being of central importance to our understanding of the Gospel and our overall grasp of truth?
- What do we mean when we speak of our union with God as a mystery? Why is it so important to affirm and embrace the mysterious aspects of this reality rather than trying to reduce it to a simple statement of fact?
- Contemplate, for a moment, the reality of God dwelling within us. How deeply do we believe this to be real? Does our life and thinking characterize this profound reality?
- Cite some examples of ways in which we can “blur the spheres” and thus miss out on the fullness of what God intends us to experience in the realm of our social relationships. Can you think of personal instances in which you have unwittingly fallen prey to this tendency?
- What insight into the heart of man can we glean from King Saul’s reaction to the women’s celebration of David’s victory over Goliath? From the Pharisees and their “long tassels” and “wide phylacteries”? How can this insight help us fight the pathologies that confront us in all of the various social spheres?
- How should this discussion of the UnioMystica impact our attitude toward that relationship and the price that was paid to make it available to us?
- How do we enter into a deep and intimate relationship with the infinite-personal God?
|John 14:16-20||Eph 5:31-32||Titus 1:5||Eph 4:11-13, 14|
|1 Tim 3:15||Col 1:27||John 15:5||2 Cor 5:17|
|Gal 2:20||1 Cor 3:16-17||1 Cor 6:19||1 Cor 12:27|
|Rom 12:4-5||1 Cor 10:17||Rom 16:25-26||Eph 1:9-10|
|Eph 3:6||Gal 3:28-29||Eph 2:19-22||John 17:20-23|
|Eph 4:3-5||1 Pet 1:22||Gal 6:2||James 5:16|
|Eph 4:21||Eph 4:32||Col 3:16||Rom 14:19|
|Rom 12:10, 16||1 Thess 5:11||Eph 5:21||Gal 5:13|
|Rom 15:7||1 Thess 4:18||Rom 15:5||Phil 2:3|
|John 13:34-35||Deut 22:11-13||Numbers 15:38-39||Matt 23:1-7|
|1 Sam 18:6-10||Matt 6:1-18||Isa 55:1-2||John 17:3|
|Isa 53:5||Psa 42:1-2|