Here are the resources for Lesson 1 – Veritology: What is Truth?
Points to consider for discussion time:
- Jesus stated plainly that He had come into the world “to testify to the truth” (John 18:37). Exactly what did He mean by this, and how is this claim connected with those other aspects of Jesus’ mission – for example, forgiveness, salvation, redemption, and healing – that we more naturally associate with the ultimate purpose of His advent?
- How does one’s concept of truth affect or determine one’s concept of faith?
- What is the key point of distinction between the biblical concept of truth and popular cultural ideas about truth? How is this point related to the concept of insanity?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:24, 26 and Colossians 4:5, 6. Why does Paul advise believers to be “gentle” rather than “quarrelsome” in their dealings with outsiders? How does our understanding of the Cosmic Battle affect the way we relate to non-believers?
- Dr. Tackett poses the question, “Do you really believe that what you believe is really real?” How can we know what we really believe?
|Isaiah 6:1-8||John 18:33-38||Matt 5:18||Matt 10:15|
|Matt 13:17||Matt 16:28||Matt 17:20||Matt 18:3, 18|
|Matt 19:23||Matt 21:21||Matt 23:36||Matt 24:2|
|Matt 25:40||Matt 26:21||Matt 26:34||John 3:3|
|John 3:5||John 3:11||John 5:19, 24, 25||John 1:17|
|John 14:6||John 6:26, 32, 47, 53||John 8:34, 51, 58||John 17:17|
|John 4:24||John 8:32||John 14:16-17||John 16:13|
|1 Tim 2:3-4||Eph 6:14||Isaiah 59:4||Jer 7:28|
|Isaiah 59:15||1 Tim 6:13||2 Tim 4:3-4||Rom 1:18|
|Acts 20:30||Rom 2:8||Rom 1:25||1 John 4:6|
|Job 1 & 2||2 Thess 2:9-13||John 8:34-47||Rom 7:11|
|2 Thess 2:10||Eph 4:22||Heb 3:13||1 John 3:10|
|2 Tim 2:24-26||Col 4:5-6||Isaiah 44:18-20||Isaiah 44:17|
|Matt 6:25-34||Col 2:2-4|